Founded in 1983 by Mr. Stanislas Szalka and his wife, the French companies STEPP (Société de Travaux d’Entreprise Publics et Particuliers) and STEPC (Société de Travaux Électricité Plomberie et Chauffage) specialise in the installation, repair and maintenance of heating, plumbing and electrical systems. In 2010, the companies were taken over by Mr Szalka’s two sons, Guy (STEPP) and Pascal Szalka (STEPC).
The two organisations have a turnover of more than 8 million euros, mainly for regions, municipalities, cities and departmental councils.
4M Investment is an industrial holding company headed by Mr Farooq Mohammad. It groups together companies operating in the world of value-added finishing with, in particular, an important pole in electrical engineering (high and low voltage).
Since 2017, the group has grown from 7 to more than 60M € in turnover.
The interests of this acquisition for 4M Investment are the following:
- To acquire a triple expertise and carry out macro-lots,
- To share the know-how of a family business,
- Expanding its client portfolio by integrating the public sector.
This merger will allow STEPP and STEPC:
- To rely on a group ensuring the sustainability of the takeover of the structures,
- To open up to private markets thanks to the client portfolio of 4M Investment,
- To benefit from strong commercial and operational synergies,
- To obtain additional manpower.
The I-Deal Development team exclusively advised 4M Investment in this acquisition project. STEPC and STEPP correspond to the values of 4M Investment, have several business expertises and present a significant development potential.